5 reasons to learn English
I have been receiving many questions about learning English, living in the UK, culture, and so on. I will do my best to answer all your questions in this and in the upcoming post.
But in this post, I want to touch on the basics.
The question is simple.
Why do I have to learn English?
Well, in most cases, you might not have to...
I am going to open a parenthesis here for a little grammar session.
When you use "have to", it indicates a requirement; it's not optional. So, you will have some sort of consequences. In that case, the answer can be varying for everyone. It might be school; it might be work-related, girlfriend/boyfriend or something else. I don't know.
I would change the question from "Why do I have to learn English?" to "Why should I learn English?".
The word "should" is more suggestive: It's most likely also optional, even though it might have some consequences.
After that little note, let's get started.
I am saying you should learn English, and here is why.
1. Being able to communicate with people from different language and backgrounds is a fantastic feeling. And I would want everyone to experience that feeling. I am sure this would reduce all the hate around the world significantly. English is the most used and spoken language around the world. At least one out of 5 people can speak or understand English at some level! Imagine how many doors of opportunities you could open with that skill. And it will help you become a global citizen rather than being stuck within borders mentally and physically.
2. This one is linked to my previous point, but I want to emphasise it again. There are 57 countries around the world which use English as their official language. They may differ in terms of accent and expressions, BUT the language is still English. So if you want to travel around the world, this is another reason for you to learn English.
3. Recently I changed my career to software development. The reason behind my decision was, first of all, my passion for programming, obviously. I also took internationality into consideration when I was deciding. Why am I saying this? Because English is the most common language used in many fields like programming, aviation, science, business and so on. Learning English will increase your chances of getting a job, participating in discussions, and improving your networking skills.
4. Are we finished? No! English helps you increase your educational opportunities. If you learn English, you can attend international schools around the world and become better educated. You gain access to numerous resources in English and increase your knowledge.
5. Last but not least, the simplicity of the language structure. Learning English is easier than learning some other languages like Chinese, German or Arabic... I am not saying they are so difficult. If that is what you want, by all means, keep learning these languages too, they are beautiful. I am just trying to give you a slight idea. Considering that English is a popular language, the resources are multiple across the Internet. Knowledge is out there and free; you just have to go and get it.
One of the resources is my channel and social media accounts. You could follow my Instagram account by clicking here. And you could follow my fresh Youtube channel from here.
And let me tell you, it is never too late or too early to learn English. I will write other posts on different topics to help you on this journey.
Until next time, stay safe!